Hardwood floors are beautiful. They add a warm and inviting feel to a room. In 2016 hardwood floors dominated the flooring market. In 2017, wood floors will remain very popular.
Here are 6 trends in home wood flooring for 2017
- Wide plank hardwood floors are becoming the new norm with designers. They are bolder and a bit more upscale looking.
- Grey and whitewashed is a look that is likely here to stay. They give a room a relaxed beachy feel.
- Dark stains like walnut are on the list because of their sheer boldness. Buyer beware, these dark floors show scratches and dirt so they need to be maintained.
- The rustic look of reclaimed and hand-scraped. Hand scrapping adds an interesting look. No two planks look the same.
- Matte finishes look very natural and they do not reflect as much dirt and damage as high gloss finishes.
- The classic beauty of natural wood floors. What more can you say, they have lasted the test of time adding a touch of class to the room.
Wood floors are a great investment in your home. Buyers love them and they increase the value of a home.